Tuesday 30 July 2024

25/07/24 - Lavington - Ellis Lake

Weight - 76lb 15oz (14lb 7oz - silvers)
Catch - 11 Carp, 4 Bream, 3 Tench, 3 Roach
Weather - Rainy start, cleared up later.
Match - Club (6 fished) - 1st overall

It was decided this would be the last evening match as its starting to get dark after 9pm when this matches end.

There were only the 6 of us and I drew p23, one away from where I was 2 weeks ago. I started on the method to the point of the island, but only had 1 small skimmer after 25mins.

Therefore, I spent the rest of the match on the pole. Having already fed A-krill cloud covered 8mm meat and 6mm p-nut pellet at 8m at an angle to my right in 5ft of water, I had a 6lb carp straight away. After that I was getting pestered by small fish, although I managed 4 stockie carp, 2 big bream and 2 tench.

In the meantime, I had been priming my left margin with meat and pellet, catching a couple of carp on double 8mm meat, plus another big bream and a tench, before it died.

Going into the third and final hour I fed bubblegum micros, with meat down both margins which certainly brought in the fish, including 2 doubles, to have a good finish to the match.

1.    76-15 – Ken Rayner – p23
2.    33-11 – Steve Ince – p25
3.    22-11 – Martin White – p7

No comments: