Tuesday 9 July 2024

06/07/24 - Harescombe - Match

Weight - 58lb 8oz
Catch - 14 F1, 13 Carp, 2 Roach, 1 Skimmer
Weather - Cold & wet start, sunshine & showers later.
Match - Summer Series rd 3 (13 fished) - 1st overall

The 3rd round of the Summer Series and peg 4 put me in the same section as 4 of the top 5, so there was an opportunity to take some points (and to lose some!).

It was cold this morning, following some heavy overnight rain and the car temperature read 9c. It’s supposed to be July, but it certainly didn’t feel like it.

I started at 3+1 feeding meat covered in Uzit A-krill cloud and started to catch some F1s. After 45mins I was thinking I needed to switch lines, then I got another fish and ended up remaining on this line for another hour, putting 10 F1s and a Carp in the net.

A switch to the bottom of the far shelf fishing 4mm pellet didn’t produce a bite, so I soon switched to fishing tight to the far bank feeding meat and 2mm p-nut pellet. It was a little slow going and the wind at times was a pain, but I kept putting the odd carp in the net through the middle part of the match.

When the far line faded, I tried fishing down the track in various spots, without success. Fortunately, both my margins where I had been feeding meat and micros produced a good last 30mins putting another 17lb or so in the net.

On the all-out I felt I had about 45-50lb and might be struggling to claim 3
rd in section. I honestly didn’t think I had Andy Janes 55lb which was leading my section. So, I was a little surprised to weigh 58lb - I obviously underestimated the size of the carp I caught which made the difference. The win put me 1pt clear of Andy.

1.    58-  8 – Ken Rayner – p4
2.    55-11 – Andy Jane – p14
3.    47-  5 – Steve Brown – p10
4.    46-10 – Luke Seabrook – p16

No comments: