Sunday 14 July 2024

11/07/24 - Lavington - Ellis Lake

Weight - 107lb 7oz (17lb 2oz silvers)
Catch - 15 Carp, 4 Bream, 3 Tench, 2 Roach
Weather - Sunny
Match - Evening Club (8 fished) - 1st overall

An evening (3hr) knock-up at my club water and I drew p22 which is a good feeder peg as you have shallow water off the end of the island.

Starting on the method with a 6mm orange wafter and Uzit bubblegum micros, and the tip went round almost immediately. Then I started to get pestered by silvers, resulting in a switch to an 8mm wafter and I netted another 2 carp.

I tried a short meat line, but only caught a good-sized roach and had plenty of indications from small silvers. In the meantime, I had started feeding 8mm meat down my margins and soon started feeding 6mm uzit p-nut pellet to bulk out the feed to feed off the small silvers, and it worked.

The last 100mins of the match I spent alternating between each margin, netting a further 12 carp, 4 bream and a tench on double 8mm meat to win the match.


1.   
107-  7 – Ken Rayner – p22
2.      66-13 – Steve Musitano – p27
3.      54-  4 – Martin White – p25

No comments: