Monday 7 June 2021

05/06/21 - Todber Manor - Hillview

Weight - 98lb 4oz 
Catch - 31 Carp, 1 Bream
Weather - Warm and sunny, variable breeze
Match - Open (41 fished)

A double header this weekend at Todber.

Saturday’s open was spread across Hillview and Homeground, with everyone once again hoping for Homeground. I found myself on p57 (Hillview) and having drawn on it before thought it could be hard particularly with p56 & p58 in.

Starting on 2+1 line with blue ice paste, I had 3 fish within 15mins, and then nothing. It was a similar story for those around me. A switch to the method produced a few fish, but I would catch a couple before they disappeared. In fact this was pretty much how my match went.

I tried to catch shallow on maggot on the pole, but it was mostly flat in front of me, with the majority of the ripple pushing into the far bank, so thought the waggler would work. It didn’t. Once again I caught a few, but the fish just weren’t interested in feeding properly and they seem to be backing off any feed.

The rest of the match was just going through the motions, nicking fish here and there. Even my short meat line failed to produce anything of substance, whilst Adam Palmer on p56 had a strong 90mins fishing short pulling him from nowhere to nearly winning the section.

So I weighed a poor 98lb and not had my best match, losing focus. I should have caught more and not wasted so much time messing about with shallow rigs. That said, I at least consolidated my thoughts on a few things and the fact I should stick to my strengths rather than follow the crowd!

1st: Callum Dicks 277lb 4oz (90 HG)
2nd: Trigger 236lb 8oz (78 HG)
3rd: Eddie Green 233lb 0oz (87 HG)
4th: Ben Evendown 205lb 14oz (88 HG)
5th: Nick Chedzoy 176lb 8oz (89 HG)
6th: Dan Squire 171lb 6oz (48 HV)
Section A: Ash Tomkins 170lb 8oz (35 HV)
Section B: Matt Redman 170lb 8oz (52 HV)
Section C: Simon Stacey 160lb 6oz (84 HG)
Silvers 1st: Rocky 15lb 0oz (82 HG)
Silvers 2nd: Pete Ziemniak 6lb 12oz (38 HV)

No comments: