Monday 14 June 2021

13/6/21 - Lavington - Ellis Lake

Weight - 26lb 8oz
Catch - 5 Carp
Weather - Hot, sunny and flat calm
Match - Club (11 fished)

Those that fish here regularly were expecting a hard match and that is exactly how it turned out. The match ran from 9.30 to 2.30, so not the best part of the day, particularly as it was hot, sunny and flat calm.

I drew p19, the same peg as Friday night, so no island chuck again. When I got to my peg there were lots of carp of the surface and knew it was likely to be a mugging day.

After feeding some meat by the tree it was out with the mugging rig. Hard is an understatement, landing my first carp after 30mins, however they just were not interested.

A switch to the meat line, produced 1 bite and a lost big bream, but nothing else. It was the same story for the margins and I even started pinging 6s long and fishing deeper to no avail. So, I spent most of the match chasing fish hoping one of the would take the bait dropped in front of them.

I’ve tried pellet, wafter, meat and maggot, with 8mm pellet being the best with 4 carp and an 8mm gofter just producing 1 fish.

Come the weigh-in it transpired my 5 carp were on the small side. The winner had 4 fish for 31lb, 2nd weighed 30lb (5 fish) and Tom had 4 fish to claim joint 3rd.

To be honest I didn’t enjoy the day, as the fish were stubbornly reluctant to feed, which makes it hard to know what to next.


No comments: