Saturday 12 June 2021

11/06/21 - Lavington - Ellis Lake

Weight - 37lb 12oz (12lb 12oz - silvers)
Catch - 4 Carp, 3 Bream, 2 Tench
Weather - Warm & muggy
Match - Evening Club Knock Up (8 fished)

I joined Lavington club during lock down as their lakes are only down the road and they have started to run some evening knock ups for the summer on Ellis lake which is a deep lake (7-9ft) with a central island. The matches are fished between 6-9, but only had 30mins to set up!

Tonight we had 8 fishing and I drew p19 at the top end of lake and no island chuck. Just 2 rigs, 1 to fish meat (coloured yellow with Baninion juice) at 7m in 5ft of water on a slope, as there are no shelfs and the other down the right hand margin feeding micros and 4s to fish paste (So Simple Blue Ice).

Last weeks match was only won with 33lb and with the water still looking a bit clear I wasn’t expecting big weights, but hopefully a steady one.

Starting on the meat, I landed an 8lber after 30mins, followed by a couple of 3½lb bream and a couple of tench. I found it best to tosspot the meat with a few 4mm pellet to keep my feeding as tight as possible on the slope.

Going into the last hour I had already tried my margin without success, but decided to concentrate here as I fully expected to catch a few on the paste. For what ever reason it never happened, so ended up going back to the meat rig for a couple more fish.

Come the weigh in I was nowhere near the top 2 weights of 75lb (pole & meat) and 73lb (feeder to the island), however I did come 3rd with 37lb 12oz and an enjoyable evenings fishing.

No comments: