Saturday 26 June 2021

25/06/21 - Lavington - Ellis Lake

Weight - 83lb
Catch - 12 Carp
Weather - Mostly sunny and not too warm.
Match - Club Evening (5 fished)

Only 5 for this evenings (3hr) match, so plenty of space. I was hoping to draw on the island so I could try out my new 10ft Free Spirit rod and wasn’t disappointed with peg 6.

As well as a small method, I also set a meat rig to fish 4.5ft. As for the margins, following some bankside work over the winter the right margin was now 4ft deep and to find anything shallower I needed to go 10m down my left where I found 18in.

I spent the 75mins on the tip by the island using a 50:50 mix of RTG’s Kriller & Red Devils, with a 6mm yellow or orange gofter, which produced 3 carp (losing 1), which was on par with everyone else.

In the meantime, I had been feeding my meat line and when I switched, had a further 7 carp up to 10lb on 8mm meat.

With 20mins remaining I lost a fish that took my whole rig as the line snapped above the float. Fortunately, 30mins earlier I had feed 2 pots of micros and corn down the left margin, and just as I was setting up a replacement meat rig I spotted a sizeable swirl. So out with the margin rig and double corn produced 2 more carp before the all-out.

My 12 carp weighed 83lb for a comfortable win, with Tom coming 2nd with 44lb.

As for the rod, first impressions are very good.


No comments: