Monday 3 June 2024

30/05/24 - Lavington - Ellis Lake

Weight - 83lb 11oz
Catch - 12 Carp, 3 Roach, 1 Bream, 1 Tench
Weather - Warm and sunny.
Match - Evening Club (7 fished) - 1st overall

The first evening match of the year, fishing 6 to 9 and we had some decent weather. I drew p1, but on arrival was a little concerned about the lily pads which I felt were a little too close to the platform and would make netting fish difficult. So, a quick chat with Martin and I moved to peg 2.
 
On the all-in I started by the lily pads feeding 8mm meat covered in Uzit A-krill cloud and caught 4 carp up to 14lb, plus a bream and a small tench in the first hour.
 
I had also been feeding pellet and corn to my left, but only got bites from silvers, so I concentrated on the lily pad swim, catching another 4 carp all on meat, during the 2nd hour.
 
Unfortunately, the 3rd and final hour was frustrating as I lost a couple of fish due to bad angling. It was also a surprise that I only caught 1 carp from the margins.
 
I did manage another proper carp from the lily pads, plus 2 stockies to end a pleasant evening.
 
1.   
83-11  Ken Rayner – p2
2.    70-13  Darren Biss – p22
3.    47-11  Noah – p4

No comments: