Monday 26 June 2023

25/06/23 - Witherington Farm - Selwood

Weight - 186lb 5oz
Catch - 48 Carp, 2 Skimmers
Weather - Warm and sunny, strong southerly breeze
Match - Tackle Den (19 fished) - 1st overall

Todays match was over Selwood and Cottage lakes, neither of which I had fished before, having only fished the canal 12 years ago. 

I really fancied any peg with the wind blowing in and was a bit disappointed to draw p13 on Selwood which had the wind blowing from behind and was close to the corner I was told to avoid.

I had a rough idea of how to approach the match and started at 14m just slapping a pellet, but only caught 1 carp after 15mins, whilst everyone else started short and was catching.

I soon switched to a 3+2 line where I had fed a few 4s, fishing paste and caught straight away. As the match progressed, I stayed on the paste moving between the short line and both margins, keeping all lines topped up with a few 4s, only switching whenever the swim faded.

So quite a simple and enjoyable match in the end. The top 4 came from Selwood, whilst the top weight on Cottage was 120lb.

1.   
186-  5 – Ken Rayner
2.    183-10 – John Pearce
3.    166-  7 – Ian Barker
4.    151-  0 – Alistair Tilney
5.    120-14 – Matt Greaves 

No comments: