Friday 30 June 2023

29/06/23 - Lavington - Ellis

Weight - 95lb 1oz (7lb 13oz - silvers)
Catch - 12 Carp, 2 Bream, 1 Roach
Weather - Bright and sunny. Freasher later.
Match - Club Evening (6 fished) - 1st overall

For these evening’s match I drew p25, which was the same peg as 4 weeks ago and hoped I would catch more than last time.

I started on the method by the island but after 30mins hadn’t caught, but it was difficult to get tight and I probably stayed on it for too long. In the meantime, I had fed 2 swims left and right at 3+2 with 8mm meat and micros to my left and just meat to my right.

Starting in the left hand swim, I got loads of indications, which I think were from silvers or the recently stocked tiny carp, so I cut out the micros and just fed meat and 4s. The right hand swim produced my first carp and an hour in I added a 2nd.

The 2nd hour I had another 4 carp and 2 bream, by rotating left and right after each fish. This was the pattern leading into 3rd hour


even adding a cracking roach of 1¼lb. With 30mins remaining I fed my right margin with micros and corn for another 2 carp.

Overall a pleasant evening and it was nice to catch a few.

1.    95-  1 – Ken Rayner – p25
2.    48-  2 – Martin White – p1
3.    39-  8 – Tom Ince – p10







No comments: