Monday 5 June 2023

01/06/23 - Lavington - Ellis Lake

Weight - 13lb 12oz
Match - 2 Carp
Weather - Bright and sunny, cool breeze
Match - Club Evening (7 fished) - 3rd overall

The first evening match of year, to be held every 2 weeks during the summer, fishing 6-9.

Following past complaints from some members, we left pegs 1-9 free for pleasure anglers (that never turned up), which meant most of us were pegged along the opposite bank.

I drew p25 right in the middle of the island which was ideal. We expected a hard match as the carp had just finished spawning and to be honest it was a lot harder than I expected.

I caught my first carp after 75mins on the method and my second an hour later on meat to my left at the bottom of the marginal shelf, missing one bite. It really was a tough evening with the top 2 coming from the shallow end of the lake.

1.    31- 2 – Brian Bennett – p19
2.    17- 6 – Steve Musitano – p10
3.    13-12 – Ken Rayner – p25

No comments: