Thursday 23 February 2023

22/02/23 - Shearwater

Weight - 2lb 2oz
Catch - 1 Bream
Weather - Mostly sunny, with cloudy periods. Westerly wind.
Match - Shearwater League (28 fished) - last in section.

Today I was guesting for Chris Ware who was recovering from a minor operation.

The draw put me 2 to the right of where I was on Saturday and whilst the peg blanked on Saturday, I still fancied it, and decided to repeat what I did on Saturday.

Well, the day didn’t go as planned. After feeding 7 feeders full of groundbait, micros & corn at 60m never produced a bite. After 2hrs I had my one and only bite at 80m on a 8mm orange wafter.

In the meantime Clayton Hudson, 2 to my left had 7 or 8 bream already and Vince Brown to my right had a 24lb carp and a couple of bream.

Unfortunately, Liam Collins to my left who was 3rd in the league hadn’t had a bite. It was like we were in a dead zone. Liam eventually caught 3 with 90mns to go, but we ended up bottom of the section.

A disappointing day, when I even tried a conventional rig with dead maggot or corn, but just no bites. Still, it was better than working.

No comments: