Monday 23 August 2021

15/08/21 - Shiplate - Hawthorns

Weight - 49lb 13oz
Catch - 13 Carp, 1 Skimmer
Weather - Cloudy and showery
Match - Haines Summer Series - rd 5

Its difficult to write about this match, as I drew well in the shape of p1 on Hawthorns, but struggled to catch and ultimately finished well down.

I started well enough catching an 8lber carp down the left margin on paste, which did its best to bury itself in the reeds.

I tried to catch across on pellet, which produced 1 on pellet and few lost fish. Meat brought the same response and paste brought 3 carp, but it was a struggle. In the end I caught a few more fish down the left margin on paste or at 16m towards the far corner.

To be honest I am at a bit of a loss as to why I struggled. The lake generally didn’t fish well and appeared to switch off during the second half of the match.


No comments: