Catch - 23 F1, 16 Carp, 8 Roach, 4 Rudd, 3 Skimmers
Weather - Sunny, with cloudy periods. Blustery.
Match - Tackle Den (18 fished) - 5th overall, 3rd on lake.
We had 18 today, split evenly over Hay and Barley lakes. The
information I had received was to fish short with pellet and shallow on maggot.
Also to draw in the middle of either lake. I drew p16, towards the far end of
Hay.
As we had a lot of rain yesterday, I started cautiously at 5m
feeding 4mm fishery pellets boosted with So Simple Baninion, hair rigging a 4mm
pellet. This resulted in a steady start resulting in about 20lb in the first
hour, before the swim faded.
A quick look down each margin only resulted in 1 fish and to
be honest I wasn’t happy with my rigs and switched them around.
The following hour I caught shallow on maggot, putting
another 20-25lb in the net. The wind was making feeding difficult and
presenting a rig was tricky at times, but I caught a few decent stamp F1s in
amongst the roach and rudd. The swim faded after an hour.
During the middle part of the match, I lost my way a little
trying to work how best to catch. Eventually, I started catching mostly F1s down
the margins on 6mm pellet, plus some better stamp carp off the end of keepnets
again on 6mm pellet over 4s.
I had to keep rotating swims to keep fish coming and it was
steady rather than hectic.
By the end of the match, I was enjoying myself and wished we
could have fished a 6hr match instead of 5.
At the weigh in I thought I had 90-100lb, hoping I would be
closer to the 100lb mark. So, I was a little disappointed to have overestimated
by as much as I had. With a little more venue knowledge I am sure I would have
caught at least 100lb, however the anglers either side of me weighed 36lb &
27lb so overall I shouldn’t be that disappointed.
1.
95- 8 –
Darren Lawrence – p10 Hay
2.
94-12 – Matt Greaves – p13 Barley
3.
94- 9 –
Cliff Dutton – p4 Hay
4.
92-15 – Steve Broadhurst – p9 Barley
5.
88- 2 –
Ken Rayner – p16 Hay
No comments:
Post a Comment