Tuesday, 21 July 2026

18/06/26 - Ivy House - Old Match Lake

Weight - 94lb 14oz (11lb 10oz - silvers)
Catch - 38 Carp, 25 Skimmers, 3 Roach
Weather - Warm & sunny
Match - Open (12 fished) - 6th overall

I had originally intended to go to Harescombe today, however with only 3 booked in the match was cancelled. So, I booked into Ivy House on the Old Match Lake instead.

P16 for me, only one away from where I was last Sunday and the rigs were pretty much the same.

On the all-in I started at 13m fishing So Simple Kriller paste, feeding a few damped fishery 4s boosted with Kriller Sludge and I got off to a good start catching 5 carp in 20mins. Coming a little closer at 11m I kept catching for the remainder of the first hour, before the swim faded.

The second hour was difficult, trying the method towards the island for only a few fish and trying shallow proved fruitless.

Going back to the paste I started catching again and the during the 2nd hour of the match concentrated on fishing at 5m and down the right margin. Although I did manage to mug one decent carp on 8mm pellet, most of the of carp I caught were mostly stockies, which were replaced by skimmers for a while over the 5m line.

The margin was a little hit and miss. Feeding 4s, corn and occasionally micros, I could see fish coming in and I would catch a couple of fish, but they wouldn’t stay in the shallow water due to the bright, flat conditions.

By the all-out I had plenty of bites, but too many stockies and skimmers. Had I caught the same stamp of carp as last week, I would have had about 115lb. So, a little disappointed to finish with 94lb, but an enjoyable day, nonetheless.

1.    183-  3 – Mick Lane – p7
2.    138-12 – Mitch Rowlands – p10
3.    131-  7 – Tim Hadland – p1
4.    130-10 – Harry Rowlands – p8
5.    112-11 – Alan Smith – p15

No comments: