Catch - 47 Carp
Weather - Hot & sunny.
Match - Summer Series rd 3 (12 fished) - 3rd overall, 3rd in section
The 3rd round of the Summer Series and the
rotation meant we were on Doughnut Lake. When I arrived at the café I saw Chris
Cameron, who was subbing for Steve Brown, so I really wanted to avoid drawing
in the same section as him. Well, I failed and ended up next to him, which
meant collecting a section win just got a little bit harder.
Plumbing up was a concern, as any flat areas were either 8ins
or over 3ft, sloping away to 5ft. This meant, following the recent hot weather fishing
shallow was likely to be the main tactic.
I did try catching on paste in the shallow water, tight to the
island catching a couple of carp, but it wasn’t as good as I expected. I also kept
feeding pellet over a top kit line in 5ft of water fishing paste for 1 foul
hooker and a swim fed with meat in 3ft off to my right never produced a bite.
90% of my fish came shallow on 6mm baninion or kriller
pellet, either mugging or catching in the feed at 6m or 14m. At the halfway
point I only had 15 fish, probably because I was rotating methods trying to
work out what was working best. Fortunately, the second half was much better
and frustrating at the same time, as I had a really good run particularly over
the short line, before struggling forcing a switch to the far bank.
In the end 160lb was just shy of my personal best for the
lake, however I got well beaten by Chris and Andy Jane who also caught shallow.
To be honest shallow pellet fishing isn’t my strongest discipline, and it
showed today.
2.
201- 9 –
Andy Jane – p20
3.
160- 6 –
Ken Rayner – p17
4.
131-13 – Gary Townsend – p5
5.
106- 9 –
Steve Partington – p3
No comments:
Post a Comment