Catch - 8 Carp, 10 Bream, 2 Hybrid, 2 Tench, 1 Perch, 1 Rudd, 1 Chub
Weather - Warm & sunny
Match - Club Evening (9 fished) - 3rd overall
I missed the first evening (3hr) match and last weeks match
was cancelled due to the hot weather resulting in a temporary keepnet ban.
Due to the increasing number of silvers in the lake, I
wasn’t sure whether meat would be as effective as in previous years and
speaking to those that fish here more regularly confirmed that it was working
as well.
P6 wouldn’t have been my first choice as the margins are 5ft
deep due to the bank being rebuilt a few years ago, although I could fish to p7
pallet where it was much shallower.
On the all-in I cast the method as tight as I dare to the
island avoid plenty of overhanging branches, whilst I finalised sorting out my
pole rigs. A stockie carp was my reward after 15mins and 3 casts.
A switch to fishing down the right margin next to a small
patch of lillies, fishing corn and feeding 4mm pellet and corn resulted in a
run of small skimmers, plus a bream and a tench, but it wasn’t as productive as
I hoped.
I had also been feeding 8mm meat at 2+2 at an angle to my
left and the response was much better with a proper bream and a hybrid, plus a couple
of carp.
So, after 90mins I was doing ok, but I was conscious that
there seemed to be more carp being caught to my left and across on p21 where
Brian was fishing the waggler and 6mm pellet. As such, I felt I needed to catch
carp rather than silvers.
For 30mins or so the wheels fell off, as I upped the feed
over my meat line and right-hand margin, which just resulted in lots of small
fish!
As yet I hadn’t fed by the p7 pallet, so ½ a cup of micros
and corn was deposited here which soon resulted in tails in the swim. The
problem was catching them.
I tried fishing double corn and caught a bream straight
away. I then hooked and lost the next 3 carp. A few rig adjustments helped resulting
in a couple of carp, before losing a rig on a foul hooker (fortunately the rig
pinged back into the tree next to me).
Rather than set up a similar rig I thought I would try paste
(So Simple Kriller), which proved frustrating with so many fish in the shallow
water, but when I hooked a fish, it was at least in the mouth, netting my final
fish in the whistle.
To be honest, I didn’t feel I fished a good match, as I kept
chopping and changing, so I was a little to surprised to come 3rd
only missing out on 2nd by 2oz (much to Martin’s relief).
1.
77- 6 –
Martin Shulter – p21
2.
65- 1 –
Martin White – p10
3.
64-15 – Ken Rayner – p6
4.
57-14 – Steve Musitano – p8
No comments:
Post a Comment