Sunday 5 September 2021

04/09/21 - Ivy House - Old Match Lake

Weight- 73lb 14oz (9lb silvers)
Catch - 12 Carp, 15 Skimmers, 3 Roach
Weather - Mostly sunny, cloudy later
Match - Open - 2nd (12 fished)

Another trip to back to Ivy House and I was hoping for a draw on the Old Match Lake, rather than Kingfisher as I wanted to put right the wrongs of last week, however I was disappointed to draw p9 again as this peg and end of the lake hasn’t been fishing well recently. It is also the only peg without an island chuck.

I started down the right hand bank at 14m on Paste (kriller : blue ice) and had a 3lber straight away, but that was only 1 over the next 30mins.

I had intended to fish and feed corn at 14m, but only had 1 tin with me, leaving 6 tins home! So, a slight change in plan, feeding fishery 4mm pellet instead and corn boosted with baninion via a toss pot at 14m slightly to my right and chopped worm and micros to my left.

The right-hand swim produced 2 carp including a 6lber and hand sized skimmers. The left-hand swim only produced a few skimmers on worm, before I switched it to just feeding 4mm pellet and I had a couple more skimmers on banded 4mm.

The middle part of the match was really slow, but not much was being caught from what I could see, except for pegs 10 & 12, so not overly concerned.

With 2hrs left I probably had 25-30lb. I had kept feeding 4s down the right-hand bank and had started feeding 4s down the left margin hoping for a strong finish. Fortunately, I had 4 carp down the right on paste, but nothing down the left until I dumped 2 pots of micros & 4s, when I had 4 more carp in the last 30mins again on paste.

The lake fished harder than expected and was pleased to finish 2nd on the lake. I also felt much better about how I managed the match, by being patience rather than trying to force the peg too early.

1. 107-10 – Ryan – p1
2.   73-14 – Ken – p9
3.   68-  8 – Jim – p14
4.    61-10 – Danny – p16 

Silvers
1.    48-  6 – Ryan – p1

No comments: