Thursday 22 July 2021

19/07/21 - Glebe - Pool 6

Weight - 92lb (11lb - silvers)
Catch - 17 Carp, 11 Bream
Weather - Hot & sunny
Match - England Ladies Fundraiser (48 fished)

This was the 3rd time fishing the England Ladies Fundraiser, fished over 2 days, firstly at the Glebe and second day at Barston.

I drew p89 on pool 6 and there were plenty of carp of the surface when I arrived and it looked like a mugging day. However, it wasn’t quite as simple as that.

At the start I mugged 4 carp in the 1st 45mins, but they were very spooky and soon melted away. A switch to the feeder, fishing Kriller & CO2 RTG’s with an 8mm red pellet produced 7 carp before that swim died.

In the meantime, I had started to feed caster shallow, which can be a great tactic here, but all I caught was small skimmers. A switch back to the feeder produced another 4 carp, before the swim died again.

With 2hrs to go (5hr match) I felt I wasn’t catching quickly enough and hoped either my short paste line or margins would produce some much needed fish. Unfortunately, neither line produced as expected. I had fed my short line quite heavily with micros to pull the fish in, but only caught 2 carp and a couple of bream.

My margin was the most disappointing. I started feeding micros & corn, later switched to caster and then some groundbait to force the issue, but nothing worked. A few fish would come into the margin but wouldn’t stay and only I managed 1 carp and another bream.

As it happened the whole complex has fished hard by Glebe standards, with a number of DNW’s.

Disappointed to finish 4th in section. In hindsight, I should have set up a bomb and pellet line, but fully expected either the short line or margins to produce.

1. 204-  8 - Sam Collett - p14 (pool 1)
2. 179-  0 - Matt Dawes - p68 (pool 4)
3. 171-  5 - Ken Portas - p80 (pool 5)
4. 138-  0 - Mal Dawes - p22 (pool 1)
5. 137-  0 - Carl Tamayo - p86 (pool 6)
6. 125-  4 - Russ Brooks - p81 (pool 5)
3. 1

No comments: