Monday 30 January 2017

28/01/17 - Lands End - Speci Lake

Weight - 6lb 3oz
Catch - 1 Carp, 1 Perch
Weather - Mostly sunny and showers
Match - 10th out of 13

Originally there was 16 anglers booked in today, including 2 anglers who haven't fished Lands End before but confirmed they would definitely fish. Well the draw time arrived and they weren't here, but Mike decided to give them the benefit of doubt and thought they would arrive soon. Needless to say they never did and in the end we only had 13, but the draw had already been completed with 10 pegs on Match and 6 on Speci. In hindsight it would have been better to have all 13 pegs on Match Lake.

I was pleased to draw p33 particularly after being on p34 last sunday. However I was also a little apprehensive because with so few people (4 in the end) on the lake, as well as being iced up for most of the week, the anticipation was the fish would find the quiet areas of the lake.

And that's how it turned out. I started on corn and lost a foul hooker after 15mins. With no further bites or liners, I fed some micros/groundbait by the aerator and caster down the left hand bank on the hour mark.

The left hand swim started showing signs of life, when I bumped a perch on prawn, then lost a good perch as I shipped back, which I was a little upset about, because I thought I had properly set the hook.

Eventually landed a carp after 3hrs, followed soon afterwards by a 2lb 2oz perch, both on prawn. I actually spent most of the last 2 hours on prawn feeding caster down the left hand bank, since I couldn't see me getting into the overall frame, but thought if I could catch a few more big perch then I might sneak into the silvers.

Well it just didn't happen and Matt next to me on p34 didn't even have a bite! At least this week's weather will be milder and hopefully the fish will start feeding.

1st - 29-12 - Allan Oram (Dynamite Baits) - p19
2nd - 25- 0 - Eric Fouracre (Mosella) - p21
3rd - 21- 4 - Rich Lovering (Bristol) - p40
4th - 19-15 - Stuart Barnett (Bristol) - p32
5th - 16- 3 - Derek Beard - p3

Silvers
1st - 12-12 - Allan Oram (Dynamite Baits) - p19
2nd - 10-13 - Roy Myers - p13
3rd - 8- 8 - Mike Duckett (Lands End) - p5


No comments: