Friday 14 July 2023

13/07/23 - Lavington - Ellis Lake

Weight - 58lb 3oz
Catch - 11 Carp
Weather - Cool, but sunny
Match - Club (10 fished) - 1st overall

A little cooler that the last evening match 2 weeks ago and with recent heavy rain the expectation was it would be a little hard.

I was happy with peg 7, as you have shallow water off the point of the island, although I had to clear out a bit weed before starting.

As per the last match I fed 2 swims left and right at 2+3 potting in meat. Whilst that settled, I started on the feeder and surprisingly didn’t have a bite after 30mins of trying.

Switching to the pole I eventually caught a 1lb carp on 8mm meat after a missing a couple of dinks from what I assume were silvers or small carp.

Moving into the 2nd hour I manged 2 better fish from the left hand swim, before catching another 2 from the right hand swim.

In the 3rd hour I had another 3 fish from the right hand swim and 3 from left margin where I had fed micros and meat, including a 10lber netted a couple of minutes before the end. Fortunately, that fish was enough to win.

1.   
58-  3 – Ken Rayner – p7
2.    50-  9 – Steve Musitano – p5
3.    50-  7 – Terry Fell – p21
4.    36-  7 – Steve Ince – p27

No comments: