Monday 2 May 2022

30/04/22 - Ivy House - Kingfisher

Weight - 64lb 10oz
Catch - 31 Carp, 4 F1s, 2 Skimmers
Weather - Cold start. Bright & sunny, with light breeze
Match - Open (14 fished) - 2nd overall, 1st on lake

4 nights away in the Brecon Beacons was very welcome and well timed allowing me time to fully recover from Covid and spend time with the missus and the dog, I was keen to get back on the bank.

Today’s match was spread over Old Match Lake and Kingfisher, and I was more than happy with p41 on Kingfisher.

I don’t normally fish tight across as its 3-4ft deep and foul hookers can be a problem, but I still decided to try, however this line was soon binned as I couldn’t get a proper bite. It wasn’t until I fished hair rigged 4mm kriller pellet, tapping in 4mm baninion boosted fishery pellet at the bottom of the far shelf that I started to catch small carp over the next couple of hours.

As the day progressed a few cruisers started to appear and I caught 1, but they weren’t that interested in feeding as I dropped a pellet in front of one fish 3 times and it refused to take the bait.

Moving into the 2nd half of the match I kept the far line swim going by moving slightly left of my original swim and starting pinging pellet. In the meantime, I started feeding pellet & corn down the left margin, corn at 3+2 to my right and finally micros into my right margin where I found 18in of water.

The far line kept producing small carp and whenever it needed resting, I would try the left margin, which only produced 1 fish all match and the right hand 3+2 line.

With an hour remaining I was doing well on the lake but felt I needed to catch some of the better sized carp to consolidate my position. I noticed a few swirls down the right margin and had 4 carp for about 18lb on paste (kriller :blue ice) which proved to be very useful securing 2nd overall and winning the lake.

1-
   83- 2 – Alan Smith – p1 (OML)
2-   64-10 – Ken Rayner – p41 (K)
3-   61-12 – Chris Timms – p7 (OML)
4-   45- 8 – Calum – p37 (K)
5-   44- 2 – Mick Lane – p9 (OML)
Silvers
1-   21- 4 – Chris Timms – p7 (OML)
2-   17- 0 – Phil Godding – p49 (K)
3-   12- 6 – Paul Baker – p39 (K)

No comments: