Monday 2 May 2022

01/05/22 - Ivy House - Heron

Weight - 113lb 2oz
Catch - 51 F1s, 49 Carp
Weather - Cool and cloudy. Rainy start
Match - Open (14 fished) - 2nd overall

Heron lake today and a chance for plenty of bites. I wasn’t too fussed where I drew and was happy enough with p21.

I was hoping to catch shallow, but today was cool and cloudy, so started at 2+2 feeding sludge boosted 4s with 4mm expander and got off to a good start catching 20 fish after an hour before it started to fade.

In the meantime, I had been pinging pellet at 14.5m. Initially I tried shallow, but it didn’t feel right, so I switched fishing on the deck at 14.5m fishing a hair rigged 4mm kriller pellet and had a good 90mins putting another 25 fish into the net.

The middle part of the match was a bit of a struggle, and I lost my way a little as I tried to work out the best way of catching. Fortunately, by keeping the pellet going in I started to catch mostly F1’s shallow on 6mm pellet which are a better average stamp than the carp and proper weight builders. The fish seemed to drift in and out of the swim, but during the good periods I caught very quickly.

During the quieter periods I would switch to the lefthand margin catching either on 4mm expander or corn.

In the end I had a lovely day’s fishing and a double pick up over the weekend.

1.    128- 4 – Stu Foale – p7
2.    113- 2 – Ken Rayner – p21
3.      96- 4 – Lee Jan – p9
4.      91- 0 – Steve Martin – p15
5.      85- 0 – Jim Bone – p20

No comments: