Sunday 22 June 2014

14/06/14 - Tylers Lake (Brinsham Green)

Weight - 43lb 3oz (36lb 3oz - silvers)
Catch - 27 Roach, 25 (F1s, Fantails, Crucians), 7 Skimmers, 1 Perch, 1 Carp
Weather - Warm & sunny

Today I didn’t have time to fish a match, so decided to fish here, arriving early and finishing a 5hr session at 2pm. The intention was to catch loads of skimmers, fishing pellet on the deck over micros & 4s. Due to the recent warm weather the fish didn’t want to settle on the deck. Starting on pellet, I soon switched to corn, then worm without any real success. The fish simply wanted to be shallow and after 90mins of struggling to hook a fish properly, a shallow rig was sorted on an 18 B911 and banded 6mm pellet. The first 5 fish were roach and I was beginning to whether it was going to happen when I had the first of many F1s/Fantails/Crucians, plus more roach.

I also caught a 7lb carp early, on a long line shallow rig. I swung the rig at a few carp during the session, but they weren’t really interested in feeding. A very pleasant way to spend a Saturday morning.

No comments: