Tuesday 21 November 2023

12/11/23 - Hillview - Canal 1

Weight - 11lb 3oz
Catch - 2 Carp, 2 F1
Weather - Cold and rainy
Match - Tackle Den (17 fished), 12th overall, 3rd in section

I was looking forward to fishing this match as I haven’t been here for 8 years and enjoyed my last visit.

We were on canals, 1, 3 and 4, and was told that canal 3 or 4 had been the most consistent. However, following more rain during the week, as well as getting colder it was expected to be a little harder than of recent.

I drew p41 on canal 1 and was told it had been the best peg on the canal, so fingers crossed for a decent day.

On the all-in I started dobbin bread along the far bank fully expecting a bite, but nothing, which was a concern and the realisation it was going to be tricky. In fact, everyone on our lake was struggling.

To be honest there was not much more to say about this match, as I had 4x bites and 4x fish, on maggot tight across. I tried various areas of the swim without success and the lake had just shut down. Matt Greaves next to me on p43 only weighed 12lb 8oz and Ian Barker won our lake with only 21lb, whilst the other anglers managed 13oz and a DNW.

The open match behind us on the 2 main lakes was only won with 53lb, so winter has arrived.

1.    49-  8 – John Pearce
2.    44-  9 – John Brady
3.    38-  8 – Terry Arnold
4.    25-  4 – Cliff Dutton
5.    21-13 – Brian Duckett

No comments: