Tuesday 21 November 2023

11/11/23 - Goodiford Mill

Weight - DNW
Catch - 1 Carp, 1 Rudd
Weather - Bright and sunny
Match - Uzit Feeder & Lead League - rd 3

Being 3rd in the league I was hoping for a decent draw to maintain my position. Well, my day went badly. P27 looked like a boom or bust peg being in a corner and in the last round John struggled for only 4pts and lost lots of kit to snags.

After 90 minutes I had already lost a couple of fish and rigs, and nearly packed up in frustration. The main snag was a sunken branch that had been left in after a tree had been cut down.

I decided to cast to my right in an attempt to avoid the branch and netted my first fish, but again lost more fish and kit on trailing brambles and then some discarded line, which was the final straw.

I had enough and as I was trailing everyone in my section decided to pack up in sheer frustration. I also decided to pull out of the league, as it’s a 200-mile round trip to a poorly managed venue.



No comments: