Thursday 31 August 2023

27/08/23 - Ivy House - Kingfisher

Weight - 53lb 3oz
Catch - 24 Carp, 2 Skimmers, 1 F1, 1 Crucian, 1 Roach
Weather - Mostly sunny, with cloudy periods
Match - Tackle Den (17 fished) - 7th overall, 2nd in section

With 19 booked in we were spread over Kingfisher and Moorhen, which meant nearly every peg in. However, 2 anglers didn’t fish and the 2 pegs not drawn were both on Moorhen, which would mean more space.

As for me I drew p42 on Kingfisher. A decent draw, but I expected it to be tough going, with pegs in either side.

In fact, I had a terrible start. Initially, I tried paste tight across, which is usually worth a few fish, but lost 1 foul hooker and put an F1 the wrong side of the keepnet in the first 30mins.

Trying pellet at the bottom of the shelf only produced 2 fish and fishing shallow I caught another, although I also lost 2. So, after 3hrs I only had 3 fish in the net!

Moving back to fishing paste tight across I started catching, which was strange after my earlier struggles.

I had also started feeding both margins, which started slowly, however I kept feeding micros and 4s, and fishing paste meant I managed some better stamp fish. Fortunately, that late run meant I picked up the section money by default. Felt I got away with one today.

1.    89-  9 – Alistair Tilney – p37 (K)
2.    85-12 – Ian Barker – p33 (M)
3.    73-  7 – Dan Barnett – p35 (M)
4.    69-  4 – Pete Phillips – p29 (M)
5.    60-  3 – Andy Bright – p46 (K)

No comments: