Tuesday 8 August 2023

06/08/23 - Rood Ashton

Weight - 30lb 4oz
Catch - 8 Carp
Weather - NW breeze, sunshine and showers
Match - Tackle Den (19 fished) - 12th overall, 3rd in section

After yesterday’s wind and rain, I felt it would fish hard, particularly with 19 fishing. There was also a large marquee, with adjoining toilets on the top bank that had been used for a wedding do the night before and a couple tents also housed some of the guests! I’m sure it sounded like a good idea when they agreed to camp beside a lake in early August.

P14 put me on the top bank just past the marquee and it was a little busy with the campers trotting to and from the toilets as I was setting up.

On the all-in I started on a small method with a 6mm yellow or orange wafter ¾ of the way across to the island and I netted 3 carp in the first hour. A reasonable start and I thought if I kept picking up the odd fish, I might be alright until the last 2 hours when I would go down the margins and catch a few lumps.

Sadly, it didn’t happen that way, as I only
had 1 fish in the next 3hrs again on the feeder, although losing 4 fish to snag didn’t help.

I tried paste down my left margin and meat to my right but could only get bites from roach.

By gradually casting closer to the island, I managed to net another 4 carp in the last 2 hours, to finish a rather boring match. A disappointing match, but with a 21lb and DNW either side there just didn’t seem to be any volume of fish in front of me.


At least I had a short journey (12mins) home.

1.    70-  7 – Bobby Moore – p20
2.    68-10 – Dave Keen – p21
3.    65-13 – John Williams – p12
4.    57-13 – Brian Duckett – p19
5.  51-  9 - Ann Dee - p20a

No comments: