Tuesday 2 May 2023

01/05/23 - Rood Ashton

Weight - DNW
Catch - 1 Carp
Weather - Mostly cloudy, cool NW breeze
Match - Wiltshire Angling Open (20 fished)

With the improving weather I was hoping for a decent day. This was tempered a little when I drew p7 which hasn’t been great recently, but when I arrived there were a few fish crashing around.

After 2 hours I hooked a carp on the method at 40m, only for it to snag me after a few seconds and I lost the lot. I kept switching between the feeder (either fishing just micros, just groundbait or a mixture of both) and the straight lead at 16m over loose fed 6s fishing either meat or pellet, hoping (and expecting) the fish to turn up. They never did.

With an hour remaining I netted my 1 and only carp on the feeder. I couldn’t believe how poorly it fished. Gary Etheridge was next to me on p8 had 1 carp early, got bored and caught 8lb of roach on a top kit, before foul hooking a carp at the death.

I don’t think I did much wrong, as everyone struggled, even the form pegs on the opposite bank. As for my section Ady McTiffin won it with 2 early carp, followed up with 29lb of roach on the whip!

I didn’t hang around for the full results.

No comments: