Monday 1 August 2022

15/07/22 - Ivy House - Old Match Lake

Weight - 39lb 2oz (17lb 2oz - silvers)
Catch - 17 Skimmers, 3 Carp, 2 Roach
Weather - Warm and sunny
Match - Open (10 fished) - 10th overall

There are some days you wish you hadn’t bothered.

Having decided to fish this afternoon/evening match, I left the house a little later than I would have preferred but should still make it in time. Getting stuck behind a slow lorry and then temporary traffic lights in Calne wasn’t helpful. Then a car decided it was a good idea to pull out in front of me, before brake testing me as I closed in on his bumper. Needless to say, I was neither happy or impressive with such stupid driving.

Successfully made it to the venue, drew p16 which I was happy with, went to get the kit out of car only to realise I had left the seat and drawer module of my seat box at home!

Fortunately, Abi was home and arranged to meet her in Calne to collect the module. As I left, I managed to reverse into the one of the boulders on site, fortunately there was only minor damage, but it really was adding to my tale of woe!

Once I got back, I only had about 15mins left to set up, so kept things simple. The method towards the island, then paste short and down the margins.

Starting on the method, surprisingly didn’t produce anything and eventually caught after 30mins on the short paste line. As the match progressed it was becoming obvious paste wasn’t right but hoped it would come good later. Sadly, it didn’t and a day to forget.

No comments: