Tuesday 29 March 2022

26/03/22 - Todber Manor - Homeground

Weight - 149lb 12oz
Catch - 41 Carp, 7 Skimmers
Weather - Gusty easterly wind. Mostly bright & sunny.
Match - Open (46 fished), 17th overall.

Today was the first of 2 days at Todber. I was hoping to draw Hillview in preparation for tomorrow’s So Simple league match. However, p85 on Homeground wasn’t great, being the worst area of the lake and my run of poor draws at Todber continues.

When I got to my peg, I was a little happier as the wind was blowing towards my end of the lake, plus I had a spare peg to my right. As the wind was likely to be a little uncomfortable, I decided to ignore the long pole, focusing on a small method to the island, 2+2 meat line and the right margin.

Starting on the method with a mix of fishery micros and blue ice RTG’s I soon caught a couple of fish on 6mm orange or pink gofters, but I could only catch a couple before they backed off. A switch to a 6mm kriller pellet seemed to help and I caught a few more fish, but it was slow going.

I periodically tried the short meat line and as the match progressed this is where I spent most of the time catching 2/3rds of my weight.

My margin proved to be disappointing only catching 4 fish on corn over micros. I even tried paste without success and generally felt I didn’t get it right.

Come the end I beat the guys on either side of me, but Homeground has fished exceptionally well as my weight was only good enough for 9th out of 12!

1st: Zac Brown: 303lb 6oz (77 HG)
2nd: Perry Stone 294lb 6oz (49 HV)
3rd: Jack Stamp 275lb 8oz (82 HG)
4th: Ash Tompkins 260lb 8oz (48 HV)
5th: Alex Murray 236lb 8oz (90 HG)

Silvers
1st: Lee Woodhouse 27lb (68 Ash)
2nd: Nigel Bartlett 26lb 6oz (72 Ash)
3rd: Pete Ziminiak 16lb 8oz (42 HV)
4th: Clayton Hudson 16lb 6oz (40 HV)

Section A: Jon Grey 178lb 4oz (45 HV)
Section B: Sam Powell 233lb (61 HV)
Section C: Nick Ewers 157lb 4oz (63 Ash)
Section D: Roland Lucas 210lb (88 HG)

No comments: