Monday 20 December 2021

18/12/21 - Todber - Hillview

Weight - 58lb 10
Catch - 18 Carp, 4 Roach, 3 Skimmers, 1 Gudgeon
Weather - Cloudy start, brighter later. Light breeze
Match - Open (24 fished)

With the forthcoming Winter League Teams of 4 starting in January I wanted to start getting in tune with Todber and there were 24 of us spread over Hillview and Ash. P42 isn’t the best area at the moment, but there were at least a few fish moving around when I arrived.
 

Starting on the maggot feeder, I soon got indications and my first fish was a gudgeon, which wasn’t the start I wanted, although I did manage 1 carp in the first 30 minutes, but those silvers were proving frustrating.

I tried the straight lead and corn over the top but other than a few liners, no fish. Therefore, I spent the bulk of the match fishing the pole initially at 14m, fishing a 4mm 4mm BMG pellet over 4s. This swim wasn’t really working and set up another swim off to my right at 14m, just feeding a small nugget baninion boosted micros, whilst I kept pinging pellet over my first swim.

This 2nd swim was much better. It was still slow going in flat bright conditions but at least I was catching a few.

I had also started pinging 6s to the island in the hope of drawing a few fish from the pegs in the mid-40s and meat on a 2+2 line. I only had 1 fish on the meat, but this line was more in hope than expectation, however a few fish eventually turned up by the island with 5 fish on the lead and corn in the last 30mins.

Don’t think I did too much wrong today, coming 4th in section and 11th overall, just not quite in the right area.

1.   
146- 8 – Henry Smith – p66 (A)
2.    113- 0 – Nick Ewers – p38 (HV)
3.    105- 8 – Mark Wynne – p49 (HV)
4.    104- 4 – Mark Poppleton – p58 (HV)
4.    104- 4 – Rob McCann – p71 (A)
Silvers
1.    19-  8 – Lee Woodhouse – p52 (HV)
2.    14-12 – Tony Day – p56 (HV)
3.    12-  2 – Andy Weston – p75 (A)
4.    11-  4 – Simon Stacey – p40 (HV)

No comments: