Monday 6 December 2021

04/12/21 - Ivy House - Kingfisher

Weight - 37lb 6oz
Catch - 14 Carp, 2 F1, 4 Roach
Weather - Strong NW wind, cold, bright and sunny.
Match - Open (12 fished)

On the Canals (Kingfisher & Moorhen) today and p37 Kingfisher for me, which is a flyer, being an end peg. However, I was apprehensive about the cold NW wind which was blowing left to right into the end bank.

Starting on corn, I caught a carp after 10mins fishing towards the end bank, and that was all I caught for the first 90mins!

I had hoped to fish to my left, but the wind simply wouldn’t let me, so I set up a new swim in front feeding micros boosted with BMG and a little BMGX groundbait, at the bottom of the far shelf. By being patient, I started to catch a few fish on maggot.
 

I tried tight to the end bank when the swim was fading and had a carp straightaway, but this was a false dawn as I only caught a few roach. So back to the bottom of the far shelf in a new swim slightly to the right of the last and in the last 30mins managed 6 carp to secure 3rd overall. 

In hindsight I felt I spent too long trying to catch from the end bank, convinced I would a get a few, when in reality the fish didn’t want to be there in the cold wind.

1.    53- 6 – Allan Oram – p34 (Moorhen)
2.    50- 0 – Vince Shipp – p41 (Kingfisher)
3.    37- 6 – Ken Rayner – p37 (Kingfisher)
4.    35-10 – Chris Timms – p30 (Moorhen)
Silvers
1.    26- 0 – Baggy – p28 (Moorhen)
2.    17- 2 – John Fuidge – p43 (Kingfisher)
3.    16- 4 – Phil Godding – p31 (Moorhen)

No comments: