Monday 4 October 2021

03/10/21 - Ivy House - Old Match Lake

Weight - 95lb 8oz (4lb 8oz - silvers)
Catch - 22 Carp, 4 Skimmers, 1 Tench, 1 Roach
Weather - Bright start, rain later
Match - Open (13 fished)

I had intended on fishing Ivy House Saturday and staying home Sunday. However, with torrential rain forecast (which was proven correct) Saturday, I switched days.

Only 13 of us, so all on the Old Match Lake and peg 1 for me, which is a noted flyer. Following yesterday’s rain, I wasn’t sure how it would fish and was expecting it to be hard. Starting on a small 20g method to the island, with micros and rocks mixed in, plus groundbait (blue ice : BMGX) and a yellow or orange 6mm wafter. I was only expecting to catch on for 30mins but ended up fishing on the feeder for 90min putting about 35lb-40lb in the net. I found it best to feed mostly micros, with a little groundbait mixed in.

I had prepped 2 long lines (14m to my left and

16m to my right) with pellet (micros & 4s) and corn and caught a few carp from the 14m line on 6mm pellet, but it was more of a struggle than I expected. I also tried down the end bank with pellet, which is usually where most catch, but I only caught 1 small carp which was a surprise.

I had a couple more carp on the feeder mid match, but felt I was being caught, particularly by Elick opposite on p16 and a couple anglers to my right and needed a late run of fish.

My right-hand margin proved fruitless, but with p2 in that was always likely. Fortunately, I had 7 fish for 35lb at 7m on 6mm kriller pellet, fed with 6mm fishery pellet flavoured with sludge and a 5lber on the whistle proved decisive winning the match by 3lb.

So, my good run on this lake continues with 2x 1st and 2x 2nd in the last 5 matches, which isn’t easy with several very good anglers in attendance and I am pleased I’m getting it right at the moment.

1. 95-  8 - Ken Rayner - p1
2. 92-  4 - Jamie Dixey - p6
3. 80-  0 - Elick Payne - p16
4. 63-12 - Vince Shipp - p4

Silvers
1. 13-  0 - Vince Shipp - p4
2. 10-  0 - Danny - p13
3.   9-  2 - Baggy - p2







No comments: