Monday 25 October 2021

23/10/21 - Ivy House - Kingfisher

Weight - 68lb 8oz (9lb silvers)
Catch - 32 Carp, 15 Skimmers, 2 Roach, 1 F1
Weather - Bright start, turning cloudy with a cool breeze.
Match - Open (20 fished) 

Managed to draw Kingfisher for the first time in a while, rather than the Old Match Lake and p41 is in a decent area. It was also noticeable that the weather is turning colder as I needed an extra layer to stay warm.

Having not fished the lake for a while I decided to start cautiously at 3+2 on 4mm banded pellet, initially toss potting fishery 4s flavoured with Baninion. After 5mins I had a decent skimmer, soon followed by some hand size fish, I had also been feeding 4s and some corn, 2m off the left margin where I had another decent skimmer and my first carp. By alternating between the 2 swims and feeding more corn, I caught more carp and skimmers, either on pellet or corn.

After 90mins, both swims were slowing down. A switch to a new swim at the bottom of the far shelf, was slow going, but gradually by feeding micros flavoured with BMG I caught a couple more skimmers and carp up to 5lb, however it was slow going.

In the meantime, I had started pinging 4s at 14m off to my left and feeding hemp & corn down the right margin. I had a few better fish down the right on corn, before I had a really good run of carp from the 14m pinging line, where I was getting a bite almost immediately, although the stamp of fish was slightly smaller than I had been catching. 

When that slowed a switch to my right-hand margin only produced 1 more fish, probably because Val Murray on p40 big potted some bait down his left and he did catch a decent carp, but nothing else and it ruined my swim as well.

Fortunately, my left margin kicked back into life for the last 30mins, when I switched from feeding pellet to hemp, plus corn.

By the end I was sure I had done OK and come the weigh in I just sneaked 2nd on the lake, beating Dave Willmott on p43 by 6oz.

1-  
127- 8 – Mark Poppleton – p50 (K)
2-   111- 6 – Jamie Dixey – p8 (OML)
3-     81-10 – Baggy – p7 (OML)
4-     77-10 – Chris Timms – p10 (OML)
5-     68- 8 – Ken Rayner – p41 (K)
Silvers
1-   27- 8 – Phil Goddings – p5 (OML)
2-   16- 8 – Pete Ziemniak – p47 (K)
3-   16- 0 – Eddy Marsh – p44 (K)
3-   16- 0 – Allan Oram – p16 (OML)
5-   10- 0 – Chris Timms – p10 (OML)





No comments: