Monday 11 October 2021

09/10/21 - Ivy House - Old Match Lake

Weight - 37lb 8oz (14lb - silvers)
Catch - 17 Skimmers, 7 Carp
Weather - Mostly sunny
Match - Open (13 fished)

Back to Ivy House hoping for my good form to continue. I fancied drawing Kingfisher as I haven’t fished the lake for a while but ended up on p2 on the Old Match Lake which is OK.

Started on the method to the island, but unlike last week the tip was a little reluctant to pull round, only managing 2 stockies after 30 mins and already sensed this could be a hard match.

The next 30mins was spent on the pole & 6mm pellet at 14m for another 2 stockies, plus a couple of skimmers, but it really wasn’t happening. I noticed a few other anglers catching proper carp, which meant I was already falling behind.

As I hadn’t seen many silvers being caught decided to try myself. Swapping between 2 swims at 14m, on 4mm BMG Janners over micros & 4s, I caught a few skimmers, plus a couple smaller carp.

I also fed a 6m line with pellet & corn, but only caught carp, so stayed mostly stayed on the long lines. Unfortunately, the last hour was really slow, which was a little disappointing, and I missed out picking up the silvers money by 10oz.

I did try varying my feed and setting up new swims, but those skimmers were a little reluctant to feed.

1. 135-  2 - Mick Lane - p8
2.   96-  2 - Andy Taylor - p18
3.   76-  0 - Alan Smith - p16
4.   72-10 - Elick Payne - p10
Silvers
1.   14-10 - Mick Lane - p8
2.   14-  0 - Ken Rayner - p2
3.   13-  2 - Andy Lord - p1

No comments: