Monday 6 February 2017

04/02/17 - Lands End - Match

Weight - 7lb
Catch - 4 Roach, 3 Perch, 2 Hybrid, 1 F1, 1 Tench, 1 Skimmer, 1 Rudd
Weather - Cold overnight, bright and sunny.
Match - 8th out of 8

After a weeks worth of mild and wet weather, Mike said pleasure anglers had been catching well, however an overnight frost was likely to have an impact.

With only 8 anglers today, pegging the lake was always going to be difficult, because the fish tend to move into the quite areas. However, at the draw I questioned why p3 had been included and immediately said that would be a peg to avoid. Well I talked myself into drawing it and needless to say I wasn't happy. To be fair the peg does have it's day and it can produce silvers, but I would have preferred to have been somewhere else.

Anyway, I spent the first 45mins of the match looking for a carp, losing one under the platform of p2 and that was the only carp I hooked all day.

The rest of the match was difficult to say the least, it was just a case of catch a fish and then try a different area of the lake. As a result I couldn't get into any rhythm. I had a couple of small fish on maggot over caster, a decent tench on caster over caster by the p2 platform. Where I had fed micros and groundbait produced a couple of hybrids, but its wasn't great.

I had also been pinging 4s to the p4 platform all match, but never had a bite which was a surprise.

Lets just say I was happy to get home.

1. 29-12 - Tim Ford (Preston Inv.) - p19
2. 28-14 - Russ Peck (Lands End) - p21
3. 23- 0 - Mike Duckett (Lands End) - p15
4. 21-10 - Rod Wootten (Lands End) - p6
Silvers
1. 11-10 - Rod Wootten (Lands End) - p6
2. 9-12 - Mike Duckett (Lands End) - p15
3. 8-12 - Dave Wescott (Lands End) - p13

I

No comments: