Tuesday 3 May 2016

30/04/16 - Fishponds

Weight - 90lb 6oz
Catch - 14 Carp
Weather - Sunshine and showers
Match - Club - 2nd out of 8

Today was the club's first Saturday afternoon/evening match. On arrival the sun was shining and it actually felt like spring, which made a pleasant change although that soon changed as soon as we started fishing when the heavens open and there was a noticeable drop in temperature.

There was only 8 of us today, so plenty of room and I found myself on peg 12, which I was pleased with as its one of my favourites pegs on the lake.

On the all in a 1/2 pot of 6s was fed at 8m to my left and 1/2 pot of hemp/meat to my right at the bottom of the shelf by the reeds at 5m.

Starting down the right hand side I soon had a 10lber and thought we could be in for a good day. Well an hour later I still only had 1 carp in the net, In fact everyone seemed to be struggling except for Dave on p5 who was catching down his margins.

My 8m pellet line never produced which was a first, I tried shallow, but they really weren't interested. In an attempt to make something happen a new swim was set up 11m down the left hand margin were I could use the same rig as the right hand swim.

I started catching after 2hrs, rotating left and right, but frustratingly I lost a few fish including a 10lber which just sat there out of netting range when the hook pulled.

Going into the 5th and final hour, Dave was running away with it, whilst everyone else were still struggling. Fortunately 6 carp in the last hour meant I comfortably claimed 2nd place.

1st 141- 9 - Dave Bradley - p5
2nd 90- 6 - Ken Rayner - p12
3rd 46- 6 - Andy Bradley - p14
4th 44-14 - Nick Jordell - p7

No comments: