Wednesday 1 July 2015

01/07/15 - Fishponds

Weight - 403lb 14oz
Catch - 49 Car, 2 Rudd
Weather - Hot, mostly sunny.

Well I seemed to have timed having a week off work with some very hot weather. Happy days, but the hot sticky nights, means not a lot of sleep, so decided to make the most of the situation and get up early for a short session at my club water.

At 6.20 I was sat on peg 6 ready to go. The peg offered a shallow margin to the left which I felt would be the best place to target the carp in the warm conditions.

Since there were a few visible fish I started fishing shallow with 8mm pellet and after 90mins had 16 for about 128lb.

In the meantime I was feeding a few 6s into the left margin and it was now solid. Fishing paste on my top 3, I  just kept catching including a number of 'doubles' up to 13lb 9oz.

After 4hrs fishing I decided to call time, because the intention was for a short session before it got too hot, but I have no doubt I could have pushed for 500lb. Besides my back was starting to ache a little.

The lake hasn't been fishing that well recently, so today came as a surprise, but to be honest the fish were just there. In total I only fed 2pts of pellet and normally I would expect to feed at least 3x times that amount.

After some hard fishing over the last couple of months it was nice to catch, beating my previous PB by 30lb. Lets hope I can kick on from here


No comments: