Wednesday 6 March 2013

05/03/13 - Acorns - Paddocks

Weight - 8lb 0oz (5lb 0oz - silvers)
Catch - 2 Carp, 5 Roach, 3 F1, 3 Skimmers, 3 Perch
Weather - Cold start. Bright, warm sunny day!
Match - Open - 10th out of 22 (5th - silvers)

As promised in my facebook status, this blog will be very short!

With the 1st round of the pole only series on Sunday, I thought a visit to Acorns was required and when we arrived everyone was surprised to see the venue covered in ice. So a hard day was in prospect for the 22 that booked in.

P10 was hardly ideal, being the narrowest peg on the venue at only 10m wide, but there had been a few silvers weight from the area, before the cold snap kicked in.

Along with the majority I struggled. My groundbait swim produced very little, as did my pellet swims dotted around various areas of the peg, up and down the shelf. The best area was next to the pallet on p11, fishing maggot over caster, where I caught both my carp and the better sized silvers. Hard to believe my 5lb was enough for 5th in the silvers.

At least I got a feel for the place again, but it became apparent, the fishing was hard. Hopefully it wont be long before the water warms up and the fish will have a proper munch.

1st 49- 0 - Ian Cole - p5
2nd 44- 0 - Mike Owens - p34
3rd 38-14 - Mike Chapman - p33
4th 38- 6 - Eddie Wynn - p6
5th 34- 0 - Dave Wride - p16
6th 24- 1 - Mark Poppleton - p12

Silvers
1st 12- 3 - Andy Gard - p8
2nd 7- 4 - Gary Etheridge - p38
3rd 6- 4 - Ray Bazeley - p14

No comments: