Sunday 4 November 2012

03/11/12 - Lands End - Match

Weight - 33lb 5oz (11lb 13oz - silvers)
Catch - 6 Carp, 17 Roach, 12 Perch, 10 Skimmers, 2 F1, 2 Chub, 1 Hybrid
Weather - Cold. Showery start, cleared later
Match - Open - 5th out of 8 (2nd - silvers)

Not much to talk about this match. Initially there was suppose to be 11 fishing, but both Mike & Nick Duckett had to work and another cryed off becuase he had a cold!

Prior to the draw I said I didnt want, 1, 11 ro 15 becuase I've seen these pegs too frequently, so I shouldnt have been surprised to have pulled 15. I was even less surprised when Mark drew 21.

The last few days has seen a lot of cold rain fall, which meant the colour dropping out of the lake and it certainly made things tricky. The day was spent continually rotating swims. Firstly, by the island and under the tree to my left I caught roach, perch and chub on maggot or caster. At the bottom of the far shelf to my left I had carp and F1s over loose feed 4s on 4mm expander and to my right skimmers over micros & groundbait again on 4mm expander. By the bush to my right I didnt have a bite.

The problem today was the size of fish, which were mostly small and in my experience here if you get pestered by tiny roach, then there are usually few quality fish around. Even my skimmers were only handsized. After it became obvious there wasnt many carp feeding a change from .12 hooklength to .10 provided more bites, but it didnt improve the size of fish.

1st 71- 4 - Mike West - p7
2nd 50-10 - Dale Housen - p17
3rd 44- 9 - Mark Poppleton - p21
4th 35-10 - Dave Wescott - p13
5th 33- 5 - Ken Rayner - p15

Silvers
1st 20- 1 - Mark Poppleton - p21
2nd 11-13 - Ken Rayner - p15

No comments: