Sunday 9 September 2012

08/09/12 - Fishponds

Weight - 346lb 5oz
Catch - 55 Carp, 1 Bream
Weather - Warm, sunny - no wind
Match - Club - 1st out of 6

A gentle reminder from Sue that this weekend was our wedding anniversary was well timed. With my mind on various other matters, mainly work related I was thankful for the reminder. 12 years now - lucky girl!

Today was the last of our Saturday afternoon/evening matches and we didn't have any restrictions on methods today. Only 6 turned up, so having space wasn't going to be an issue and I didn't really care were I drew, but as it happened I ended up on the same peg as the last match when I broke the lake record a few weeks ago.

Due to the flat calm conditions, I decided to focus fishing at 8m, right parallel to the bank and left at an angle, setting up only 2 rigs. 1x paste and the other with a hair rig for 8mm pellet.

Starting on the paste I caught 2 carp within 15mins, but I got the feeling the fish hadn't really settled on the deck, so switched to the pellet rig which produced bites a lot quicker. They were only gentle dinks, but they were regular, although the average stamp was smaller than normal with a number of 3-4lbers which is a good sign for the future with the younger fish showing more frequently.

By the half way point (2.5hrs) I switched back to paste, which improved the average stamp of fish, although with an hour to go I switched back to the pellet rig because bites started to get iffy again. The carp definitely preferred the pellet today.

Come the end of the match, I was fairly certain I had broken the lake match record again and for what ever reason the fish in the lake seemed to have really gone on a feeding spree at the moment.

1st 346- 5- 0 – Ken – p12
2nd 260- 4- 0 – Andy – p20
3rd 205-12- 0 – Tim – p1
4th 168-13- 0 – Chris – p6
5th 101- 9- 0 – Eddie – p15
6th 61-12- 0 – Brian – p3

No comments: