Sunday 26 August 2012

25/08/12 - Fishponds

Weight - 327lb 10oz
Catch - 49 Carp, 1 Golden Orfe
Weather - Thundery showers, bright & breezy later
Match - Club (Float Only) - 1st out of 7

Another afternoon/evening match, this time being float only. I wasnt too bothered where I drew and was happy enough with 12, which was also out of the worst of the wind, but there was no hiding from the rain. At one point we were surrounded by 3 thunder storms.

This peg isnt a great waggler peg, so decided to keep it simple with paste & pellet. Being on a long platform, I fished 5m to my right parallel to the bank, then 6m at an angle to my left. I also set up a margin rig, but it never not used.

A handful of 8s went into each swim, starting on RH and I was soon catching, with 7 carp in the first hour and 8 in the second hour. I hold the match record for the lake with 239lb and started to think that target was in danger.

By simply feeding a handful of 8s into each swim every time I hooked a fish I kept the fish coming and with 3hours gone I added a further 15 carp. I had to weigh and return my golden orfe (3lb), because I needed the net. With 75mins to go I was up to 38 fish and thinking I could do with a 5th net, just to make sure I didnt exceed the 100lb net limit, but also its easier to weigh a 70lb net, then a 100lb net. Thanks to Brian I got hold of a 5th net which I promptly filled in the last hour.

After several weighs the new lake match record was confirmed, as was a match weight PB. A simple straightforward day, were the fish got their heads down - happy days.

1st 327-10 - Ken - p12
2nd 220- 8 - Marcus - p1
3rd 177-11 - Andy - p16
4th 171- 0 - Roger - p3
5th 100- 7 - Eddie - p20

No comments: