Friday 10 August 2012

09/08/12 - Fishponds

Weight - 377lb 6oz
Catch - 50 Carp, 3 Bream
Weather - Warm & sunny

I fancied an afternoon/evening session at my club water, deciding to keep it simple and set up a paste rig. I choose to fish peg 1, becuase it was close to the car park, so no need for the trolley, plus I had Sapphire with me and there was plenty of shade from a warm sun.

When ever I pleasure fish my club water, in the back of mind is the fact my PB weight is 357lb and I wonder whether I can beat that. Due to the size of the carp and the potential for a big weight I always weigh each fish as I go.

After the 1st hour I only had 5 fish for 37lb and didn't think there was any chance of a big weight. I was fishing 8m left and right a metre away from the marginal reeds.

After the 2nd hour I added a further 60lb and 68lb during the 3rd. With 165lb so far and with the fishing getting stronger there was an outside chance of breaking by PB. 72lb was added during the 4th hour and I was confident the PB was on.

By this point my swim was black with carp, everytime I threw a handful of 8s in the carp were swirling in the feed, so I started fishing paste shallow in the last hour and towards the end I was catching on my top 3, even dobbing paste.

In the end I fished for 5.5hrs, I could have fished for a further 30mins, but my thumb was thrrobbing a bit after the bristle of my float embedded in my thumb when I tried to pull the rig from the branches above me, after pulling out of a carp at the net.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fishingken said...

Thank you

JaCob said...

Fishing in Dubai is a unique and nice experience, you must do it at least for once in your life.