Sunday 19 August 2012

18/08/12 - Lands End - Match

Weight - 48lb 13oz (16lb 15oz - silvers)
Catch - 11 Carp, 29 Roach, 8 Perch, 3 Skimmers, 2 Ide, 1 Tench, 1 Chub, 1 Rudd
Weather - Warm & muggy
Match - Open - 3rd out of 4

I knew there would only be a handful of people fishing today, however Mike is running a winner takes all match in October where those that fish will have paid an extra £1 per match. Once you have 15 matches you qualify for the match. So far I'm up to 10, so now need to a further 5.

Originally there was suppose to be 5, but Dave Sawyer dropped out via a text to Mike West 5mins before the draw. With only 4 fishing pegs 15, 17, 19 & 21 went in, with a pay out for top overall weight and top silvers.

I mentioned in my last blog about Lands End that I'm never on 19 & 21 very occasionally. Well with a 25% chance, I still cant draw, with peg 15 being my home. Another peg that I seem to frequent a lot.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about this match. I started after the carp and managed 2 after an hour, but it was becoming obvious that Jim on p21 and Mike on p19 were catching carp from the 2 flyers.

So I targeted the silvers, but even these weren't feeding properly, with far too many small roach even on 6mm hard pellet. In the last couple of hours the carp decided to finally get their heads down, but I was too far behind Jim to make an impact. The carp were being to get in the way of catching silvers, which Dave won from p17 who found some decent skimmers.

Its a real shame that the numbers for the Saturday matches has fallen so much. Personally really like the place, but being 45mins away from Bristol and the rise of venues like Acorn and Summerhayes is having an impact.

1st 106- 4 - Jim Jenner - p21
2nd 68- 6 - Mike West - p19
3rd 48-12 - Ken Rayner - p15
4th 48- 0 - Dave Wescott - p17 (27lb 4oz - silvers)

No comments: