Monday 30 March 2009

28/03/09 - Lands End - Match Lake

Weight – 11lb 6oz
Catch – 5 Roach, 4 Rudd, 3 Perch, 1 Carp, 1 Ide, 1 Bream, 1 Tench.
Weather – Mostly sunny, showers, blustery.
Water Temp– 10.0c > 10.5c
Match – Open – 10th overall

Not much to write about here. Today’s match was a bit of a non event, I was hoping for a nice easy day catching carp & silvers on pellet.

So I wasn’t too pleased to draw peg 18, it hasn’t showed any recent form and all Alan Oram could say was it was rancid!

And how right he was. I concentrated on the pellet, fishing over micros, but struggled for bites. I even tried caster, looking for some silvers, but only managed small roach & rudd.

Instead I had to watch Anton on peg 16 & Mike West on peg 13 sacking up. Anton won with 74lb, whilst Mike was 2nd 69lb which include 25lb of tench, skimmers & perch. At least someone had a good day!

My only highlight of the day was the personal best Ide of 2lb 8oz on pellet.

No comments: