Tuesday 18 April 2023

16/04/23 - Rood Ashton

Weight - 25lb
Catch - 6 Carp, 2 Roach
Weather - Cool and cloudy
Match - Open (11 fished) - 7th overall

After last week’s match I was looking forward to coming back and managed to jump on a match organised by Andy Bright. Everyone wanted to draw the far bank, however I ended up on p4 so I would be able to watch the anglers opposite all bagging!

Only 37lb came off the p4 last week and not much was caught from the peg during a match on Thursday. So, a tough day was likely.

First cast on the method at about 35m produced a carp after 2mins. I then had to wait over 3hrs for my next bite. I tried the lead and meat at 20m where I had been pinging  8s and the 11m pole again with meat, without success although the roach seemed to be enjoying the meat.

I kept pinging pellet at 20m hoping the fish would finally get their heads down. However, I had to switch from hair rigging meat to pellet due to the roach which is never a good sign. I did catch 3 fish, but never felt there were many fish in the area.

I only caught 1 more on the feeder, which just left the margins. I fed meat and micros to the left, which just encouraged the roach and meat only to the right where I had 1 carp.

So not a great day. As expected, the top 2 came from the far side. Pete next to me on p5 came 3rd just fishing a method with meat at 16m pinging 4s over the top. Perhaps I was too positive, but I had to be positive to pull in a few fish. The anglers to my right only had 1 fish a piece.

1.    181-15 – Pete Phillips – p20
2.    110-13 – Andy Bright – p21
3.      92- 0 – Pete Burns – p5
4.      83- 6 – Mick W – p18
 

No comments: