Monday 27 March 2023

26/03/23 - Lavington - Ellis Lake

Weight - 36lb 8oz
Catch - 4 Carp, 3 Roach, 1 Bream
Weather - Heavy overnight rain. Cool, cloudy with sunny periods
Match - Club (6 fished) - 2nd overall

Only 6 for this club match and heavy overnight rain would likely mean another tough match. I drew p27, which is a good summer margin peg, but with 12ft of water and an overhanging tree preventing me from casting tight to the island I wasn’t sure how it would go.

On the all-in, 2 balls of groundbait with micros and dead maggot was deposited at 11m, plus meat and micros at 8m to my right where the slope was less severe.

Starting on the method with micros and a 6mm yellow wafter I cast as tight to the island as I dare. 3mins later the tip whacked round and a 6lber was safely netted.

A switch to the 11m swim produced a couple of small roach and then a 3½lb bream, but bites were at a premium.

I kept rotating swims and started feeding my margins, but I couldn’t get a bite for nearly 2hrs. I eventually caught a 13lber at 8m and then 2 carp on the method with 30mins remaining.

So, another tough day, not helped by the weather.

1.
    69- 4 – Tim Lynch – p23
2.    36- 8 – Ken Rayner – p27
3.    30- 5 – Martin White – p9

No comments: