Monday 7 November 2022

5/11/22 - Ivy House - Old Match Lake

Weight - DNW (tipped back 7-8lb)
Catch - 1 Carp, 4 Skimmers, 3 Roach
Weather - Rained most of the day and blustery
Match - Open (15 fished)

I didn’t fish last weekend as I had friends over and was looking forward to a double header this weekend. Although I wasn’t looking forward to sitting in the rain.

With 15 of us all on the Old Match Lake, it meant I was happy with p10 as it offers a little room. However, recent results suggested that this end of the lake hasn’t been fishing well, but I still fancied it for a few.

Starting short hoping for an early carp and I soon caught a skimmer on corn. I couldn’t fish the pole towards the island due to a strong wind blowing down the lake, therefore I tried the lead and bread or corn towards the island which didn’t produce a bite.

At one point I thought I might catch a few silvers on dead maggot over micros and groundbait, but the action was short lived. I did hook a decent carp but I got it on my top kit too quickly and it ended up breaking me as it made a run and I couldn’t get my top kit back on the pole quickly enough.

I simply struggled for a bite, I tried putting in 6 pouches of 4s towards to the island to try and trigger a response but nothing.

I did manage 1 carp late down the left bank, but that was it. Lee opposite me only had 2 skimmers until he netted 2 carp in the last hour down his left margin, so there appeared to be very few fish at this end of the lake. That said, the whole lake fished poorly, probably due to the large amount of water that has gone into the lake and the fish just haven’t settled yet.

Definitely one to forget.

1.    52- 8 – Joff Rogers – p8
2.    33- 8 – Baggy – p11
3.    28-14 – Chris Timms – p12
4.    26- 2 – Andy Burns – p18
5.    24-14 – Steve Waters – p2
Silvers
1.    13- 0 – Steve Waters – p2
2.    12- 0 – Baggy – p11
3.    11- 8 – Joff Rogers – p8
4.      7- 0 – Andy Burns – p18

No comments: