Tuesday 15 November 2022

12/11/22 - Ivy House - Kingfisher

Weight - 59lb 2oz 
Catch - 25 Carp, 3 Skimmers, 1 Crucian
Weather - Mild, mostly sunny
Match - Open (8 fished) - 4th overall

I had the choice of a silvers match on the Old Match Lake or an open on Kingfisher. Having not fished Kingfisher for a while I fancied a change. P44 isn’t normally the best, however with the very mild weather I was hoping to pull in a few fish. 

On the all-in I started dobbin bread across to the far bank, catching 1 carp, but with no more after 10mins I switched to fishing corn tapping in 4s. It was only when I started feeding a small nugget of micros boosted with BMG that I started to catch consistently at the bottom of the far shelf for the next couple of hours before it faded. 

I tried the bread again without success, so set up a new swim at the bottom of the far shelf, switching to 4mm expanders. This produced another run of fish before this faded again.

So far most of my fish were on the small side and I felt I needed to catch some better sized fish to consolidate my good start. My short corn line and deep left margin only produced 1 carp and a skimmer, which was disappointing, particularly as Roy on p46, who after a slow start, was catching really well on his short line. 

To make something happen I started pinging pellet at the bottom of the far shelf and started feeding by the p43 pallet. Both lines produced catching the better sized fish from with the pallet swim, whilst the long pinging line still produced the smaller stamp of carp.

Overall, I was pleased with a good start, but I probably spent too long trying to catch short and should have gone down to p43 pallet at least 30mins earlier.

1.    77- 0 – Roy Booth – p46
2.    69-14 – Andy Lord – p41
3.    64- 4 – Baggy – p48
4.    59- 2 – Ken Rayner – p44

No comments: